Farmer dies after accidentally swallowing inch-long fish bone

A Sri Lankan farmer died after swallowing a fish bone, which pierced his intestine and triggered a fatal infection. A case report detailing the freak accident was published in the “International Journal of Surgery Case Reports” The 60-year-old unnamed patient had reported to the coastal District General Hospital of Sri Lanka, after experiencing three days of abdominal pain, vomiting, constipation and a distended belly. A subsequent two-hour operation revealed a small hole in his intestine, which was caused by an 0.8-inch-long fishbone. Fish bones are the leading cause of “gastrointestinal perforations,” the study authors wrote.

Read Long Article

Scroll to Top